One of Twitch’s Top Creative Executives, Constance Knight, Leaves the Company

One of Twitch’s Top Creative Executives, Constance Knight, Leaves the Company

  • Twitch’s senior vice president of global creators, Constance Knight, has resigned from the live streaming company.
  • The Instagram and YouTube alum was tasked on Twitch to improve the experience for creators.
  • His departure comes amid an explosive week on Twitch that included a divisive shift in its monetization model.

Twitch’s senior vice president of global creators, Constance Knight, is leaving the company, a Twitch spokesperson confirmed to Insider.

Knight joined Twitch in July 2021 from Instagram, where she previously served as Global Head of Content Curation for Short Form Video. Prior to that, she was at YouTube for nine years, most recently serving as head of content programs and partnerships for creator communities.

Upon his hire, Twitch said Knight would help double down on his engagement with creators as he looked beyond gaming. He was tasked with improving the Twitch experience for creators around the world.

Knight declined to comment on his departure through a Twitch spokesperson.

His resignation comes amid something of a firestorm for the Amazon-owned streaming platform, which announced a divisive change to its monetization model on Wednesday morning. Starting next year, Twitch will end its “premium” deals with the platform’s top streamers, who currently share 30% of their subscription revenue with the platform and keep the remaining 70%.

Next year, creators operating under these deals, who make up about 10% of the platform’s creator community, according to Twitch president Dan Clancy, will only earn 70% of their subscription revenue up to $100,000. After that, the revenue share rate will drop to the standard 50%-50% split that other creators get.

The move sparked backlash on Twitter among some of Twitch’s top creators and former employees, including former COO Sara Clemens. seems to disapprove of the changes

Knight announced his resignation on Wednesday, the same day the monetization changes were announced, in a letter to employees that said he was leaving for a “new adventure” that is “in the creator space,” Bloomberg reported.

It’s been an especially explosive week on Twitch, with Bloomberg also reporting on Wednesday that predators are systematically tracking children on the platform. And, after protests from some popular Twitch streamers, Twitch announced Tuesday which will soon ban streaming slots and other gambling sites like Stake.com and Rollbit.com that are not regulated in the US.

Are you a Twitch employee or someone with ideas to share? Contact Geoff Weiss at gweiss@insider.com, or via Twitter DM at @Geoff_Weiss.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.